Saturday, April 23, 2011

Two Date Nights

HH and I had TWO date nights this week.  One was a more impromptu date on Tuesday night, and another on Friday night.  You know what that means...two new restaurants....WOOT WOOT!!!!

HH woke up to this note on Tuesday:


Mozzarella Restaurant and Bar...I've been dying to try this place out since my BIL was in the hospital. 


My handsome date!  At Mozz, I started with the Tuscan Bean soup.  Excellent flavor combinations.  The bruschetta came next.  This bruschetta was the best I'd ever had!  I could have just used a spoon and eaten it without the bread.  I could see myself coming back regularly for just those two items!  My main meal was Lobster Mac and Cheese.  It was great, but I did expect a better presentation of the main course.  I topped it off with a cannoli.


Cool lighting from the Louisville Glassworks Factory....


Friday would be considered a "mini" date.  We went out to dinner immediately following school while I still have energy and some train of conscious thought.  It is a system that has worked well for us in the past.

Destination: Eiderdown


Cornbread....it just sounded good.  :)


I loved braised pork, so I went for Homer's Daydream.  This dish had pork, sauerkraut, apples, and potatoes in it.  I knew I was taking a gamble with the sauerkraut, but I went ahead anyway.  It was amazing!  I loved the broth the pork was in.  I loved it so much that I asked HH to try it.  He made the most awful face you could imagine.  I couldn't believe he didn't like it.  I joked with him that Taco Bell had seriously impaired his palate.  He told me to never get a whim to make a dish at our house combining those ingredients.  Deal.


My ability to be a foodie and eat both of these meals were to HH's credit.  He "pre ate" so that I could order whatever I wanted at these restaurants.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

I think I may just be with Ben on this one. I despise sauerkraut, and I'm not too sure about the apples being in a savory dish. Well, maybe without the sauerkraut...

Mozz looked amazing. If by some miracle, I get back to Kentucky before you guys move away, we are DEFINITELY going there!! And, when you finally get your behind here, I'll make you some REAL bruschetta. hahaha!