Monday, December 13, 2010
What is Love?
This post is pretty much me bragging on HH. I started writing this list, because of my best friend Mandi. We've known each other for thirteen years. We have gone through so many things, and learned how to become adults in the process. Dating has been a big part of this. She almost got married to a total loser, but thankfully three days before the wedding became extremely physically sick, and cancelled the wedding. She has taken about a year to heal from that. Now, she is ready to date again. She got fixed up with a guy, and things seemed very promising. He is a much better man than the one she was previously with, but he is not for her. She is rationalizing things, knowing she ultimately needs to run. One thing she was talking about was how he cooked her a romantic dinner and brought her flowers. I told her that was nice, and every girl enjoys romance, but this is what love is to me (someone who is committed to marriage for the long road):
1. HH who eats at whatever restaurant my stomach can handle, and never complains about not being able to get McDonalds around me.
2. Sharpening a zillion pencils, packing treat bags, passing out papers...so I can do other important school work.
3. Making my dessert for me for work because I am too exhausted.
4. Eating a cheap meal so that we can spend more on our Christmas shopping for a needy student in my class.
5. Starting the car every single morning of winter, never complaining.
6. Working the Scholastic Book Sale so I can get free books from my classroom.
7. Sitting for hours at the hospital with my BIL.
8. Pushing me in a wheelchair when I was too tired to walk (I love museums, but they can physically wear me out.)
9. Going out to the grocery store or Starbucks to get something I am craving.
10. Giving my mom a foot massage. (Wow did he get bonus points for doing that!)
11. Watching random documentaries with me.
I could go on and on bragging about HH.
at 8:48 AM