Thursday, September 6, 2012

Great Past Few Days = Blog Neglect

We had a three day weekend here, but with not having to work at the youth event Friday night, it felt even longer.  It was very nice.  Here are two items that I bought recently that I love:


I love how these shirts turned out!  HH was ready to wear his this weekend, but I gave him a pass since it was supposed to be close to 100 degrees this past Saturday.  We will certainly be sporting them soon though.

I was all pins and needles at the baking (and many other things) contest.  The judges didn't open the doors until almost an hour later than posted.  I was never so happy to hear my name misprounced in my life!  I took fourth place!  My math assistant took second place, and her apple pie looked like a work of art.  
HH and I went to the Rodeo for a bit after that, but it was very hot and dusty, and HH had some sinus issues, so we decided to leave.  HH did try to bid on a horse though.  He bid $25.  I asked him what he was going to do had he won the horse, and he said he was going to sell it to our friend who owns a ranch for $26.
HH decided to go back for the main show that evening, and I decided to make some cookies at the house and do some overlooked chores.  I reorganized our plastics cabinet, getting rid of some of the older pieces that were beyond gone.  I reorganized two cabinets where we keep canned/dried goods.  I washed our sheets and comforter.  I cleaned out the fridge.  It was a good night.  These cookies capped the night....
Nutella Pudding Cookies
HH and I went to Sioux Falls after church on Sunday and had a relaxing trip.  We didn't need to get a million things for the church and personal use, so that was great.  I was able to shop at my beloved Catos and rack up tons of new fall items. 
HH and I bought the twins a new baby stroller.  Here is a great shot of HH putting it together:
We had early release on Tuesday due to heat, and yesterday was the kids first full day of school since August 21st.  It was a challenge, and it's going to take some getting used to going to school all day now with being out so much.
For church last night, I made:
Nutella Monster Cookies:

Nutella Pretzel Brownies

We've also made our next big important decision as a couple.  We've picked out our Halloween costumes for this year.  We are going to be Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head!  

Quote of the Day from one of my students:

"Mrs. F, why is it when you tell stories you talk about yourself in third person?"
I love these babes....and darned if he wasn't right!  

1 comment:

MB said...

I love the costume idea! I hope you post pictures later!

So what item got your fourth? Congrats on placing!!!