Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas at The Capitol


I am so happy that we were able to go to Christmas at the Capital!  I know this will be an annual event for our household!  I loved all the detail that was put into these trees.  I also got my hair done, and we had a really nice lunch at the local Italian restaurant.




















My favorite tree was the Narnia tree.


Gotta love this tree topper!







I thought this was a Bob the Builder themed tree from far away, but it turns out it was thanking all the volunteers for the huge flood that took place in SD this summer!  I loved the clever use of sand bags!  There were a LOT of sandbags when we arrived here.






Posing together, and I'm rocking my TOMS snowflake shoes.



I have arrived as a teacher!  On the last day of school, one of my students comes in beaming and says, "Merry Christmas, Mrs. F.  I killed it myself."  He proceeds to tell me how he killed it, plucked the feathers, and all.  Awesomeness!

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my gosh, your hair looks awesome!

Those trees were all so beautiful and unique. Thanks for sharing.

I LOVE that one of your babies brought you a chicken, and that he prepared it himself. That is just awesome!

I hope you and Ben have a wonderful Christmas with your families!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day....happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! Have a safe & happy trip home.

emma

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks awesome!