Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dinner Tonight and Teaching Article

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin


This is the first time I have ever cooked pork tenderloin.  It was like walrus blubber coming out of the package.  I cooked it in the over on 350 for an hour.  It was incredibly moist.  I used Jamacian Jerk Seasoning from Pampered Chef that I bought from the 5th grade teacher at work.
Broccoli Salad


broccoli slaw
1/2 cup mayo
Garlic, Garlic (love this stuff)
bacon
powdered ranch dressing mix

Blueberry Sour Cream Cobbler
(I brought this to church tonight.)


Thanks, Alison from a Prairie Story....we had very happy churchgoers, and as you can see below, an extremely happy husband.


HH says, "It combines the chewiness of pie with the crunchiness of cake."

This article, Extraordinary Isn't Enough was printed in the L.A. times, and has been circulating around the education blogosphere.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

One of my very favorite things to make is pork tenderloin with the Pampered Chef's Smokey BBQ Rub. It's one of their recipes for one of their stones. I actually made it at one of my PC parties, and we made a salad with it. Basically, you cook the pork, then slice it thin and put it over the salad, then you make a super simple dressing that's just ranch dressing with some of that same rub mixed in. YUM! I could DRINK that stuff!!