Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two Days Down, Thirteen More to Go

I am in a university project with other teachers, and have just finished my second day.  I almost let the fear of how much work this project was going to be cause me to quit before I started.  I realized that I am stronger than that.  I can do this, and I will.  I've done other prestigious hard stuff in the past, and there is no reason I can't do this one.  One step at a time.  Slow and steady will win the race.

I met with the hematologist today to have some labs drawn, go over my labs from May 25th, and get my third iron transfusion.  I got a copy of my labs about fifteen minutes before she came in.  I was proud of myself for how much of the lab report I was able to interpret myself.  Also, of the specific questions I was able to ask about things that I did not understand completely.  I am officially signed up for six more iron transfusions (for a total of nine), and I will also be getting a weekly B-12 shot.

No comments: