Sunday, June 20, 2010

Great Weekend...Oh Yeah!!!

I was ready to get the weekend started on Friday.  The Writing Project has been awesome, but still I needed a break from PD! 

We headed straight over to date night cooking class!  I love classes under this particular chef.  He is always a hoot, and I feel like I learn so much.  The next schedule is coming out soon, so I can't wait to see what will be offered.  I am soaking them up as much as I can before we eventually leave this area.

Saturday was a record for me.  I slept TWELVE hours.  I've not done this in forever.  I told HH the last time I thought I had slept that long was over a year ago when I got sick at his mom's house.  This is further proof to me that the iron transfusions are helping my body, because I am sleeping well without Ambien.  (Yet I won't think twice about using it again if need be.)

After such a long night of sleep, I made forty cookie pops for my condo neighbor.  Her son is turning four, and she asked if I could help her out.  It was so fun to do something for someone, and not feel a million other things nagging at the back of my head that I need to be doing instead.

The picture below was taken at Shakespeare in the Park.  We saw The Tempest last night.  This is the third year in a row that HH and I have gone.  It was cool to realize that we are starting to develop our own "family" traditions.  There are two more Shakespeare productions that we want to attend this summer.


Today we went to visit my family and spend time with my dad for Father's day.  :)  We are going to see THE EAGLES in October together!!!  Woooo Hoooo!!!  There is a joke behind the Eagles.  When I was in 8th or 9th grade, I brought a tape out to the car when my dad picked me up from a friends house.  I told him that he had to hear this group, and that they were so cool.  Of course, five seconds into playing, he starts laughing.  He said they have been around forever.  We had a good chuckle from that.

No comments: