Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Arrival in Beantown

My flights were uneventful, and our group made it to Boston.  On our way up here, I was on the plane with a guy from our group who is very large.  My heart went out to him.  On the first flight they moved the other passenger (he was a good 1/3 into that passenger's seat), and on our next flight they gave him all three seats.  I didn't think this was necessary.  It is sometimes like people think you can catch being heavy. 

I am waiting on a friend from high school, we are going to go to dinner together. 

I cannot being to express how I feel like I am coming back from the dead with my second iron transfusion.  I had faded so far, I had forgotten what "good" feels like.  What I can relate it to was how I felt when I was really heavy.  Since I had been over three hundred pounds for most of my twenties, when the weight started coming off, I didn't realize just how good I could feel.  I cannot wait to see how much better I feel after I have the remaining six transfusions.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm SO glad to hear the transfusions are working so quickly. Have fun on your trip!

Missie said...

I'm glad the transfusions are working. Battling weight the past couple of years, I feel so sad for that man. You'd think they'd make airplane seats bigger since they say we as a society are getting bigger.