Friday, December 18, 2009
What I've Cooked Lately....
Southwest Beef Pie (HH and I called it Taco Lasagna)
2 cups crushe nacho tortilla chips
1.5 pounds ground bef
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9 inch pie plate; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes, or until thickened.
2. Spoon half of the meat mixture over chips; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Pepperoni Pizza Skillet
5 cups egg noodles
1.5 lbs of ground beef
1.5 cups chopped pepperoni
1/2 cup green pepper
1 (14 oz.) jar of pizza sauce
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dred oregano
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef and pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pepperoni, pizza sauce, soup, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
3. Drain noodles; stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Makes 8 servings.
Today is the last day before our break begins. Today will be a pretty fun day. We are surprising our principal by all wearing shirts that have a special message about going to college. Our school is big about building a college mindset. I will try to have HH take a picture of the class in our shirts.
Tonight is basketball in the hood. I get to watch my kids play. I have four basketball players and four cheerleaders. I will be adding pictures of that too.
Let the festivities begin!
at 6:34 AM