Wednesday, December 30, 2009

12 Baking Resolutions

I am all about making some resolutions that I can keep. I am doing that with the help of the recipes of Joy the Baker. I have decided to make one of her recipes each month of the year. (After all, I used to weigh 393 pounds, so I can't go overboard here!) I'm not sure the order, but here are the awesome recipes of hers that I will make in 2010. I'll be blogging about my successes/failures all along the way. I even bought an ultra cool apron from her that I will wear to help inspire me! I'll probably let HH pick which recipe he wants me to try each month.

1. Giant Paprika Cheddar Drop Biscuits

2. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3. S'more Brownies

4. Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies

5. Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie

6. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

7. Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

8. No Bake Orange and Cream Pie

9. Red Velvet Whopper Cupcakes

10. Peabody's Grandmother's Lime Conspiracy Pie with Marshmallows

11. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

12. Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting

BONUS: I've always wanted to learn how to make a homemade cheesecake. My friend Cat specializes in these. I think I'm going to get the ingredients for that and do that with her some time over the next few months.

Tomorrow I will try to post some of the new cooking ventures I will be trying out for 2010.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, those all sound awesome! Hmmm, do you guys like peanut butter by any chance? ;-)

I'm not sure about the peanut butter BACON cookies, though. I'll be curious to see how those turn out. I just read two different recipes for sweets with bacon. One was super easy - make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, but roll up cooked bacon in them. The other was something like a bread loaf, I think, with bacon draped over the top. Interesting, indeed!

Cheesecake is one of my absolute favorite things to make, as well as my most requested dessert. Now, don't tell anyone, but I use the 1-2-3 recipe from Kraft/Philidelphia, but it's AWESOME!! I've made "real" cheese cakes, in a springform pan, that use pounds of cream cheese, and have homemade crusts, etc., but sometimes, they just don't seem worth the work. Especially when the "cheater" recipe is so divine. I have made a "sugar-free, no-carb" version a couple of times, for the many diabetics in the family, which was actually pretty tasty. But, sometimes, I just make the "cheater" version with sugar substitute. Still yummy!

Good luck with all of your culinary adventures. Happy New Year to you and Ben!

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Wow thats amazing! Baking resolutions! Some of those recipes look absolutely delightful.

mmmm Peanut Butter and Bacon.. gonna have to try those out for sure.