Saturday, July 27, 2013
Lessons from the Camp Kitchen
This past week I was assistant cook at a Christian Camp. I learned a lot. I worked under a woman who had ran the kitchen for the past six years.
1. I enjoyed producing food for a lot of people.
2. I liked the routine things we did for each meal.
3. An organized kitchen does increase your productivity.
4. You can be assertive in leading people, and not be a nag.
5. I loved seeing the smiles on campers faces coming through the line.
6. There are many things I could do to carry over items into second and third meals, if I think more intentionally.
I have a lot to work on with the details of perfecting my craft. I do plan on going back to work as cook next summer, at least for one week, but I'd love to do two weeks.
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)