Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chef's Whim

On menus at nice restaurants they normally have a portion that says "Chef's Whim."  Today, my two Chef's Whim choices come from ingredients that I have on hand.  

White Chocolate Gingerbread Oreo Cookies


Chocolate Mint Poke Cake


In the book I'm reading, "A Place at the Table," here are a few quotes that struck me...

"What I am saying is that it may not be the best thing to be getting so much so often without having to put forth much of our own effort.  We start to complain about wait times, service failures, and mechanical malfunctions that disrupt our continual input flow of "I get what I want when I want it."  But growing accustomed to convenience isn't all that entitlement is about.  It's also about believing it is our right to have "it" for whatever reason."

"When is the last time you abandoned the need to produce something to be measured by the standards of this world?"

"It is like Pharaoh is implanted in our ears, calling out with demands to produce at all costs."


No comments: