Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Night Fare

We had friends over tonight.  They have had a very busy two weeks with family in from out of state, and we've been busy too.  (It pays to proofread...I originally typed 'busty' instead of busy!)  There have been Cinco De Mayo recipes everywhere, and these are two that I wanted to give a whirl. 

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup


Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

I didn't get a picture of these!  We were cooking them right before our company arrived. 

Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
(Apparently even my CAT Lilly thinks these are good...as I have her footprint in the first batch to prove it.)


It's teacher appreciation week....how are you appreciating those awesome teachers in your life?  I made the third grade team at my school "Grown-Up Gold Fish Crackers."


I ordered another spice rack today. I'm always on the lookout for things to compliment my cooking, and I have a big cluster of items that I need to be able to see without pulling up twenty different containers.

I have also stepped up in the world of my containers for brown sugar and powdered sugar. 


I made Banana Rice Krispies for the 4th grade teachers tomorrow.  I love how "traditional" they look...then when you bite into them....WOW!  Flavor!


I made Cake Batter Granola Bites for the nuggets at my friend's daycare. 


Off to do some blah chores.  I caught up on the laundry.  Fun times! :)

No comments: