- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caramels (halved...about 20 whole ones)
- 1 cup roughly chopped miniature chocolate candy bars (I used Mr. Goodbar)
- 3/4 cup M&M's (for tops)
2. Using a 1/3 cup scoop drop dough 2 inches apart. Bake eight minutes. Remove from oven; press candies onto cookies, then rotate sheets and bake until golden around the edges and set in centers, about 8 minutes.
Note: I goofed and only put in one stick of butter. One stick is the common amount used in many recipes. The cookies were good, but they would have been better if I had used the second stick of butter.
I made my first Homemade Sugar Scrub for a few special mommas I know. I ended up making five of them. I started with this recipe because it was simple, and I didn't have anywhere to buy essential oils. I am going to place an order for some essential oils, but want to check with my MIL to see what she prefers to use in her soapmaking business. This recipe was nice because I had all the ingredients on hand.
Now I'm off to put the finishing touches with HH on the Angry Birds party we are throwing at 3:00 today!