Saturday, May 19, 2012

Communication Fail

Wednesday night we double cooked.  I thought I was cooking alone, and my normal cooking partner had told me she was cooking for her husband's birthday.  I forgot, so we had an abundance of food.

Almond Celery Bake


1 bunch celery, slice (about 6 cups)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I double this to 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup slivered almonds
Place celery in a greased 2 quart baking dish.  Sprinkle with cheese, paprika and pepper.  Top with the soup.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.  Uncover; sprinkle with almonds.  Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Many people got seconds of this dish, including myself.

The following recipe I would NOT make again, but I want to list it because I did make it.  This blog is a reference to me as to what I cook.  This dish was just pretty plain.  Yes, it will satisfy your hunger, but that's about it.  (Forgot to snap a picture of it.)

Cheese Shell Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
2 medium onions, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces uncooked small pasta shell
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
11 slices provolone cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1.  In a skillet, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink drain.  Stir in the tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile. cook pasta according to package directions. 

2.  Place half the pasta in an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.  Top with half of the meat sauce, sour cream and provolone cheese.  Repeat layers.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

3.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.  Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

Banana Split Cool Whip Dessert


This is a great dish for summer picnics, and fast to make!

No comments: