Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday

Last Friday, I had two students who were in "Blackbeard the Pirate" play that our school district put on.  HH and I went to watch it.  I had HH go and pick up flowers for the girls.  We knew several other students from last year and working at the church.



Lucky Charms Treats


Milk Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies


One of my sweet students asked something that tugged hard at my heart.  This boy has a tough home life.  He comes to my church and to our Friday night program.  He came up to me on Thursday telling me that his mom's birthday was on Saturday, and could I get a present so he could give it to her.  HH was in Rapid City, so he picked up some stuff from Bath and Body Works.


I am reading The One and Only Ivan to my class right now.  They are loving it, and so am I.  I actually started reading it to HH.  

Today, I am starting a 6-week E-Course called "Sacramental Baking."  I am really excited about looking at the everyday aspects of my cooking and my spiritual practice.

HH scored major bonus points the other day while in Rapid City by calling to ask if I wanted him to "Face Time" shop at my favorite clothing store.


This little beauty arrived in the mail yesterday.  I plan on jamming out to it and having a relaxing Saturday.



No comments: