Friday, March 22, 2013

Daily Bread

Carrot Cake Brownies



Better Than Easter...Carrot Cake Poke Cake


Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bars



Blueberry Croissant Puff

There is not cottage cheese on top.  It was cream cheese that I didn't beat up enough, so it looked kinda gross.



Chocolate-Cherry Cookies

I didn't care for these.  They had dried cherries in the cookie with chocolate chips.  I'm not posting the recipe.



Daily Bread


I am pretty proud of the bread making experience.  This was the first assignment in my baking class.  I've never made bread.  It seemed intimidating, and I am not a very patient person.  It kept getting moved to the bottom of my culinary list.  It was interesting that this was the first thing that was chosen by our instructor.

I was priviledged to have my Math assistant be a skilled breadmaker.  She stayed after school with me to get the dough right.  She instructed me on simple things that may be obvious to those who have made bread for years, but I needed it.  I'm looking forward to working more with bread.

The best part was one of my students asking me how the bread turned out.


I love the essay, "Made by Hand," from NPR's This I Believe series.  When I first heard it, I cried.

Pink Lemonade Cookies

From a box....a spring special.




No comments: