Honey Cornbread Muffins
Don't let the look of regular cornbread muffins fool you, these things are out of this world!
Sunny Peaches and Cream Pie
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
6 TBSP butter, melted
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup Cool Whip, thawed
1 pkg (3 oz) Peach Jello
1 pkg (3 oz) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 1/4 cups water
2 cups sliced peeled freshpeaches or canned sliced peaches
1. In a bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9 in pie plate. Bake at s for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on wire rack.
2. For filling, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust; refrigerate until set.
3. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine gelatin and pudding mix; stir in water. Bring just to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly; remove from the heat. Cool 5 minutes. Arrange peach slices over filling. Spoon gelatin mixture over peaches. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled.
Almond and Apple Wild Rice Salad
1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
2 medium apples, chopped
2 Tbsp plus 1/2 cup orange juice
4 tsp olive oil
4 tsp red wine vinegar
1 TBSP honey
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 celery ribs
1/2 cup unblanced almonds
(I also added halved grapes and cubed cheddar cheese.)
1. Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apples with 2 TBSP orange juice. In another bowl, whisk the remaini, oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
3. Add apples and celery to rice. Drizzle witbine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with almonds. If desired, serve with toppings (grapes and cheddar cheese).
This dish was amazing. The blend of ingredients was very different, and not something that you would "think" would go together, but it worked very well. I came home with part of this dish, but I knew some people wouldn't try it because of the risk factor. Those who did eat it, enjoyed it.