Friday, July 27, 2012

Back Home and Ready to GO!

It feels so good to be HOME.  I've enjoyed being with my family, but I was counting down the seconds to coming back home to HH and the life we have created here.

Yesterday, I printed off a ton of recipes that I've had my eye on (about seventy five) over the summer.  I was ready to get back in the cooking groove.

HH has been living on Campbell's Chunky Soup, Dairy Queen, Subway, and the generosity of these church groups who feel sorry for him since his wife is out of town.  I had just the recipe to welcome him back...

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta (Chef in Training)



I used diced ham from the store, and crumbled bacon to save on prep time.  I've not cooked much with Swiss cheese, but I like it.  I might look for more recipes with it.

Spice Chai Latte Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Frosting (Eat at Home)


I had some Spiced Chai Latte Mix from Trader Joes, and it worked great with this recipe.  It made a ton of cookies, so I was able to share it with several people.  I took some to my friend who owns the daycare, and her adult son said, "Let's just tell dad their wasn't enough."

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake



This looked amazing, but was a giveaway to our new friends.  I loved the sugar crystals that I bought, and I think they added a pop (or a very Starbucks look) to the final product.

The best part was being with HH last night driving around taking the goodies to our friends.  I love this man to the moon and back!  He is always encouraging to me, and breathes life into my spirit.  I think I could live almost anywhere with him.

Today brings catching up on things at a very leisurely pace.  I've got some bills to be paid, a few items to put away, etc.  Nothing will be done in a hurried fashion. 

I am going to go back to my classroom to start setting up on August 6th.  I will give myself a week to do that.  Then the following week is jam packed with meetings (three days of which I get paid extra for!). 

2 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I could so live on DQ! LOL

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my hell!! I LOVE the new look, new name, everything!!!!

When did you decide to turn this into a cooking blog? I'm excited to see what yummies you're going to write about.