Friday, November 11, 2011

Fun Foods....and Other Snapshots...

I made Kitty Litter Cake for my class....I set the stage by talking with them at lunch about where I could take my cat who was sick.  They were so cute giving me suggestions and well wishes.


I also made Halloween Candy Bark for the staff.


I didn't make anything this past week.  I need to do a major grocery run, and make a plan for next week.

I love TOMS shoes.  LOVE THEM.  Like I have eight pair, and just bought four more.  They are very comfy, and just my style.  I love what they do with their ONE FOR ONE project.  I wrote them an email, asking if they only did international work, or if they ever gave stateside.  I told them about the dire need in my area, and included my contact information.  I never heard anything, so I figured they didn't do stateside giving.  Then a TOMS truck shows up at my school with 1100 pairs of shoes for our kids.  I was at training in another city that day.  My kids were so excited.  I want to have a TOMS day soon where we all where them.  Here is a picture of one of my kids.  (Needless to say I am a TOMS for LIFE now!!!)



I'm coming into my own figuring out what my role will be as "Pastor's Wife."  I'm good at hospitality.  I've put together some events that I will be having for ladies at our home.

Cookie Swap
Mad Hadder's Tea Party
Fear Factor
Jammies and Junk Food
Recipe Swap
Mission Impossible

HH's mom and I spoke yesterday.  She said that this year she would like to get the kids (us) services in the next year instead of gifts at Christmas.  She asked if we would like weekly house cleaning and a monthly detailing for our car.  There is a time when that would have offended me, but not so much now.  I happily said YES.  She was tap dancing around, trying to make it sound like we didn't need it, etc.  I said it is not like we have a lot of "options" for types of services we could have here.  I'm also going to start having more people in own home, by my choice, and it would be nice to have that aspect taken care of.  She is going to ask a lady in our church if she would do the housecleaning.  I really hope that she says yes, because I don't know who else I would want in our home. 

I was getting my dental work done in the city yesterday.  While I was there, our car was being serviced.  We are getting an automatic starter and a heating block put on it.  It is going to be a two day job, completed next week with my husband.  The manager was really nice.  He comes out telling me what they have done, and how the automatic starter works, but there is a glitch with it.  He says he is going to need to research it to figure out how to override it.  He gets a little uncomfortable, and says, "Now since I don't know you, I am going to have to ask you to pay for the car starter today, since it is already installed."  I had to bite my lip not to laugh.  Wow...small town USA!  Of course I thought I was going to have to pay for the product!

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

First of all, the mechanic story made me laugh! Apparently, he didn't know you were the pastor's wife, huh? Too funny!

I would be doing cartwheels on my front lawn if my MIL offered to get me weekly housecleaning. HOLY MOLY! Seriously the most awesome gift EVER!! I guess the car detailing is pretty nice, too, but I don't really give a crap about what my car looks like. I probably should change that, huh?

Speaking of my car, I've had auto start on my last two cars, and I think you're going to LOVE it. I actually use it mostly in the summer, to get the air going before I get in, cuz I can NOT get into a car that's like an oven. I'll use it in the winter if someone else is going to be driving with me (like my mom) but the cold doesn't really bother me, as you well know.

How unbelievably cool that TOMS sent your kids shoes!! I hope your principal appreciates you as much as the kids do.

Your kids must think you're nuts with that Kitty Litter Cake. You are so funny.

We still owe each other a LONG phone call. We have LOTS to catch up on, my friend. I miss you! Give Ben a big hug for me.