Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend to Remember

 
Our "Weekend to Remember"
 
 
I was so happy that HH and I were able to go to Family Life's Weekend to Remember Retreat in Sioux Falls this past weekend.  The retreat was Friday-Sunday, but we went down late Wednesday night and stayed until Monday morning. 
 
I love how they balanced humor with hard hitting truth.  One of the first things that the speaker said was, "How many of you had a fight on the way to the marriage conference?"  In an audience of 250 people there were many chuckles and ribbing of spouses.  I said to HH, "We are GOOD, we didn't have a fight until we got here!" 
 
The conference gave us a lot of things to think about, and we had homework assignments to tailor the messages to our needs.  I am so happy that we went.  Here are a few pictures I took (HH has more on his phone):
 

 
I walked away from the conference greatful at how "easy" my marriage has been.  I seriously do have one of the best guys out there.  I also walked away with a deeper burden for those who are really struggling in their marriages. 
 
I think I've convinced my brother and sister-in-law to attend the conference in Cincinnati in March.

No comments: