Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homecoming in Small Town, USA

We had Homecoming at 2:00 during the school day.  It is expensive to turn on the football field lights, and schools have to travel so far that most of the games are during the day.  (Usually a Saturday though.)  All the kids got to watch the parade (A.K.A. seven floats) during the school day.  Many of my kids didn't come, or were checked out to go to the game.  (Middle and high school were on early release while elementary was still in session.)  We watched a movie...since at 2:00 I had six kids in my classroom.

Here are a few pictures from the day...


One of my students in her traditional Lakota costume (I am pretty sure that costume is not the proper terminology for this, will have to see what it is called.)




Another one of my students in the purple:



We won the game in overtime.  I just wish I could have seen it.

No comments: